Smartphones are no longer restricted to elites in the society and they have become very popular with the average mobile user. This explains the huge buzz in the smartphone app development market with hundreds of smartphone developers creating thousands of applications each month. Businesses ranging from top notch MNCs to smaller proprietary businesses are looking at smartphone apps as a potent marketing tool. This increased popularity has led to regular change in the industry trends.
Popular Trends in Smartphone Development
- High Growth Rate – In the last two years smartphone app market has shown an incredible growth rate. It is estimated that the number of apps developed and download have gone up by three times during this period. The industry is worth more than $7 billion currently and is expected to double up in the next five years.
- Apple’s Sole Show Ends – Smartphone app market was once dominated by Apple but now other competitors have picked up and gaining market share. Most businesses are looking to develop apps for multiple platforms than only for iPhone that was the trend a few years ago. Android development has been heating up in the last two years.
- Businesses Leading Their Way – Just about two years back only 10% of the top 1000 companies in the world had their presence on smartphone apps. But this figure has grown by leaps and bounds in the last couple of years as many of them have got their smartphone apps developed.
- Gamer Boys Love It – The increased processing speed and memory in smartphone has aided the mobile gaming market. Many serious gamers now prefer to play games on their handheld devices while on the move.
- Social Media Buzzing – As like the PC apps, social networking has taken over a large share of the market in smartphones apps too. Millions of users access Facebook, Twitter, MySpace using their smartphones and this number is increasing each year. Many smaller social media companies are turning to their own smartphone apps to make their platform popular.
- Search Does not Mean Only Google – in the smartphone world search doesn’t mean Google alone as many search apps have become popular with the users. Niche apps like those to find a coffee shop or a wine maker are more popular with the smartphone users. In the smartphone world search apps comprise huge market share.
The best way to get smartphone apps developed is to outsource it to offshore development centers in countries like India where you can get your unique smartphone apps developed. Here expert developers will handle your custom development project and provide you with a solid platform to take on your competitors. Outsourcing to India saves you a lot of money thanks to the low cost of hiring skilled labor in the country. Apart from development, you also get awesome post development support from these centers.
Our Review Of The Top Smartphone Cameras On The Market
With so many new phones on the market today, it can be difficult to find the right one. From features such as the top smartphone cameras, we also look at screen size and battery life, phone service and Operating Systems to help you find the right one.
We believe that before you plunk down a bunch of your hard-earned cash on a new phone, you need to factor a few things. We’ve reviewed a number of the best new smartphones on the market for you, and this report focuses on the top smartphone cameras.
All the major brands share one thing, great technology. From Apple, Samsung, HTC and Google, we focused upon the camera quality in deciding which smartphone to purchase.
This review will summarize the very top smartphone cameras and their respective features to help you find the best deal on a cheap phone.
Our Comparison Of The Best Camera Phones:
The iPhone Brand: From Apple comes the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Boasting much larger screens these two new phones are a divergence from the traditional iPhone brand. This makes the new iPhones awesome for image and video viewing. Additionally these new phones offer different camera ratios, and we discuss those further:
1. The iPhone 6 comes loaded with an 8-megapixel camera, a dual LED flash and a 1750 x 1,334 resolution (321 ppi) Retina display, which is Apple’s word for a high-resolution display. When considered with other
2. The iPhone 6 Plus is the largest iPhone ever and that positions it to be in direct competition with the Samsung Galaxy s5. With the biggest screen of any iPhone at 5.5″, the iPhone 6 Plus straddles the line between smartphone and tablet. With its version of Retina display, this entry for the best smartphone camera has a high-definition resolution of 1920 x 1080 display. Another key feature with this super iPhone is the 8-megapixel iSight, Apple’s term for a high-def camera.
For the Android lover, there are a couple phones of note. On the flip side of new smartphones, Samsung makes some incredible phones with their Galaxy s5 and the Note 4.
Both of these models, the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy s5, are poised to take on a much larger market-share and compete directly with Apple’s new iPhones for status as the top smartphone cameras.
1. The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comes with an incredibly large 5.7″ display for all your video watching. Boasting an incredible 16-megapixel camera that packs a 551ppi pixel density, this has the potential to be an incredible camera phone. The screen resolution is a stunning 2560 x 1440 definition making the Galaxy Note 4 your best options for video watching on the go. It is only slightly larger than the iPhone 6 Plus, but the video resolution beats the ability of its competitor.
2. The Samsung Galaxy s5 has a resolution of 432ppi with at 1080 x 1920 making this one of the best new
If you’re looking for an all-in-one smartphone then you can’t go wrong with either the iPhone brand or Samsung’s new phones. In the end, your decision comes down to the size of the phone you’d like to buy and what type of operating software you’re most comfortable using.
Finally, other notable phones to consider if you’re looking for the top smartphone cameras should include the HTC One M8 and Google’s new Nexus 6.
The first one we focus upon is the HTC One M8. This new smartphone offers some unique features with its camera options such as its speedy auto-focus feature. Another feature to consider is the ability to change the focus of the picture from an item in the foreground or background. And finally, the HTC One M 8 comes with larger pixels to help sharpen the brightness to enhance your pictures during low-light situations.
Last but not least is the Google Nexus 6, which has a built-in resolution of dynamic 1440 x 2560 (462ppi) to make this huge screen great for video watching. The 13-megapixel camera boasts that it’s not the number of pixels, rather the size that counts, and Google claims it will out-duel its competitors for superior pictures at low-light.
With so many new phones on the market, there are some incredible new ones out there today. That means that if you’re looking at the best new smartphones, there’s a lot to take into consideration. To get through the cacophony of noise, we’ve focused on the top
Successful web design is a web design that generates a lot of revenue. Now the biggest issue for any business is about making a website a profit making unit. The best resolution to this issue is in presenting the content in such a way that the website is user friendly as well as search engine friendly.
Use of Flash:
There are many programming and coding languages that can be used for web design. Among these the most prominent ones are HTML, ASP.NET and Flash. Flash is mainly used to embed the visual content on to the website. The visual content includes not only the images but also animations and videos. Flash has been proved to be very effective at embedding the visual content in such a way that the visuals become attractive and appealing. While the other languages have limitations at embedding the visuals, Flash has proved to be a versatile tool for the web designers. It has also been proved that the visuals are far more effective at converting the visitor into buyer. This does not mean that one should use Flash to embed all the possible and available images on to the website.
Excessive use of Flash can prove to be a hurdle in the downloading of the website and drastically prolong the duration of the downloading. Some of the smart phones of today are not compatible with the Flash based websites.
Some search engines do not consider the Flash for indexing on the search engine list. This could be harmful for the success of search engine optimization strategies. If the website URL does not feature on the top of the search engine list it is going to receive comparatively less traffic and this could be detrimental for the success of the website.
Blend of Flash and other coding languages:
The appealing feature rendered by Flash to the website is second to none. Now if the designer wants the website to be both user friendly and search engine friendly some part of the website needs to be coded in a language other than Flash. The web design content that is not based on Flash could work effectively for making the website search engine friendly. This sort of content can help the website to feature higher on the indexing of search engine list.
Use of Web Templates:
The web templates make the task of the website designer quite easy. Excessive use of templates can cost the website its uniqueness. A website needs to be a bit different from the rest to be appealing to the visitors. A template based website is usually not favored by the search engines. So one should use the web templates where they are necessary.
A professional web designer knows when and how to use the coding languages and the ready to use web templates.
The Internet has successfully penetrated virtually every aspect of our daily lives that majority of us cannot imagine life without it. This reliance on the World Wide Web is grounded on logical reasons, too as we have all seen how convenient and easy things have turned out to be because of our modems.
Businesses, in particular, have benefited a lot from the Web. With websites, entrepreneurs can easily sell their products and services. Plus, the reach of this strategy is global so the possibility of increasing sales and profit and achieving business success is better.
If you’re about to embark on a journey that would hopefully help you see how your business horizons can widen through making a website, you have to be familiar with the basic concepts instrumental to creating a functional, effective one. And, one of the most important parts of such a process is web design. Web tutorials, such as the one youd be reading, would be able to help you.
Primary Step By Step Guide To Design Your Web Site
The following steps cover the most basic but important parts of web design.
1. Create a wireframe. The first step that should be properly covered is the creation of a wireframe, or a plan. Think carefully about how you would like your website to look, and what you would want to see on it. Planning the wireframe would help you continue with the other steps. Expert designers recommend having a pen and paper handy when creating your wireframe. Or, if youd rather do it online, there are a lot of tools that you can use to sketch your plan.
2. Start your mock ups. After creating your wireframe, translating the design into a mock up or model of the design comes next. Photoshop is often used for this step as it offers the easiest options for modification and organization of the design elements.
3. Review and examine. After doing your mock ups, you need to look at your design until youre satisfied that it is what you want. This is the perfect time to make changes. Deciding to edit after the design has been coded would be very inconvenient. Thus, when choosing your final mock up, make sure that the changes you want to see happen would be made before the mock up is coded.
4. Transform it into code. The final step of website design is coding the design in HTML and CSS. At this step, the image is sliced and the visuals are translated to the screen.
Why Designing Is Helpful For Your Website
Website design is important because your website is your virtual storefront. It has to encourage people to trust your products and your services. Website visitors would not be converted into clients if they are not attracted by the way you have chosen to market your business.
Web Tutorials To Make Your Life So Much Easier
And, if you are looking for an easy and quick way to get your website done without having to go through long processes, there are available resources online which you could take advantage. Dreamweaver tutorial would surely come in handy. You can learn some cool tips from creating the tables, forms, to drop down menus, among others.
Whats more, a Dreamweaver tutorial could help you glean information on how you can use free Dreamweaver templates or even free CSS website templates to make use. Thats how advantageous the World Wide Web is advantageous when it comes to guiding you through on your online businesss success.
With web tutorials, what you need to know about website design would be relayed to you. Being a beginner should not daunt you. See, as with a little effort, you can find that there are people who would like to help you build your business better.
For about a year, people have been debating the merits of two types of smart phones. The first which in my opinion that got the ball rolling on smart phones is the iPhone. Prior to iPhones arrival only a small percentage of people who purchased phones purchased smart phones. Now only a small percentage of the people who purchase phones purchase something other than a smart phone. The second works much like an iPhone but is based on Open Source is called Android.
The Key Differences Between These Platforms are these:
1. OSX the OS that powers the iPhone will only work on an iPhone. The pluses are the manufacturer controls the hardware and the software making the changes where the changes will make the most impact for the end users experience. The minuses are it will only work on one brand of hardware, and one specific phone at that.
2. The Android OS will on on a variety of smart phones made by a variety of manufacturers. The pluses are if you had a bad experience with a Samsung, no problem Android also runs on Motorola, don’t like the look and feel of Motorola, HTC makes one too, problem solved.
3. Only apps approved by Apple can be on the iPhones app store. Some people feel that this restricts way too much flexibility and want more control over what they can and can not install on their smart phone. Others feel assured that only apps that run properly will be approved by Apple and make it to the app store.
4. A Choice of only two carriers if you opt for an iPhone vs a choice of all 4 National carriers if you choose an Android device. Currently the iPhone only works on the networks of AT&T or Verizon. Most every carrier has a device that runs Android.
As you can see from the above one of the themes that keeps coming up is people who want more control choose Android. People who want all of the work done choose iPhone. So which one is better, I feel that question can not be answered because it changes on who you ask. If you work on computers or like to tweak things, I would recommend the Android OS its based on Open Source and you can literally write your own program to run on it if you choose. If you want to get the app that you need and just use it then an iPhone would be a better fit.
And that’s what this whole debate boils down to. There is no such thing as a perfect smart phone, but there is a such thing as a best fit smart phone based on the user who purchases it.
Having knowledge of basic codes and tags of HTML is essential for a web designer, but it is also important for every web designer that he has an in-depth knowledge of PHP coding, valid HTML language and MySOL databases. Sleek, clean and modern websites are designed while using XHTML language and creating MySOL databases. Here are listed some of the basic web design tutorial tips that will help you improve your web design.
1. Create Web 2.0 Websites
Web 2.0 denotes advanced web design styles such as sleek, clean, modern, and interacting websites. However, web developers do not build minimalist websites but they do remove unnecessary mess and content that will distract web users from browsing. Web 2.0 advanced website building is also important to optimize a website for every browser and not worry that older computer is unable to properly display the developed design.
2. Central Layout with CSS
Cascading style sheets are best to describe guides and styles for the main page and its inner pages. A central layout offers relevant content in the middle of the page, two sidebars for additional links will also be offered for search engine optimized tags, content and any other traffic building tools that could fill up the main content section. A central layout designed using CSS tags and layers also assists structure a website in pixel width. This lets every browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox to show the same content without having text or graphics running off the visible browser screen.
3. Building Valid Websites
One of the most important elements of creating advanced websites is to make sure all the PHP, HTML, XHTML and CSS coding are valid. All of these tags are a vital factor of how the page is showed and what information is served to browsers. A CSS style sheet is embedded inside an (X)HTML document, and both work collectively as one website. A worthless CSS code will destroy the design, move text to wrong sections or remove color scheme choices from text and links. While an invalid (X)HTML document will inappropriately display a website, cause errors on the screen or display function errors if using PHP includes.
4. Search Engine Optimization
Web designers should know a basic element of an advanced web design that is a search engine optimized website-creating tools including META tags. META tags are used to define search engines what the website is all about and keywords it uses. Basically META tags are not present on the website; they are actually used internally by spiders and bots that scan through pages. Another most important search engine optimization tool is using relevant keywords inside the content. The keywords should be created in a manner that they relate to the site name first and then to the content being displayed to visitors. For example, a website created for a logo design should include keywords in content such as logo, logo design, and quality logo designs.
Considering these important guidelines for creating an advanced web design will certainly help web designers to create a flawless and sleek web design.
When it comes to a lot of smartphones, many suffer from simply being too big. Whether they’re enormously heavy, have a giant screen that drains the battery life, or they simply have too much crammed in one phone, many users often learn that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. However, the folks at Samsung have realized this and thus the Samsung Galaxy Ace was born.
Its appearance is something you’re either going to love or hate. Some will like its small, sleek size, sophisticated plastic exterior, and its 3.5 inch LCD capacitive touchscreen. Others may frown in that it looks almost exactly like an iPhone. An iPhone clone or no, it is nevertheless a well made phone, with a strong exterior. At 113g, it feels wonderfully solid in the hand.
Its operating system consists of the Android 2.2 Froyo. While this isn’t the latest version of Android, it is nevertheless up-to-date enough to be able to support most of the most coveted apps and features most Android phones support. Its interface is a bit difficult if you’re unused to smartphones , but for the most part it’s not impossible to learn.
That aside, it has a pretty well packed set of internet connectivity options, featuring wi-fi, Bluetooth, 3G, HDSPA, and more. Thanks to having Android, you get a plethora of Google related goodies preinstalled on the phone, including Gmail, Google Maps, Google talk, and more. Its nicely responsive screen and Swype onscreen keyboard makes texting, typing, and emailing quite easy, and its T9 predictive text means the process is made much easier. (Fortunately, Samsung put more work into their predictive text-while some may find this phone looks like an iPhone, you’ll find right away that it doesn’t have the same infamous spelling mistakes as the iPhone.) Also unlike the iPhone, this phone supports
Its five megapixel camera is surprisingly powerful, equipped with autofocus, a LED flash, and more. Its
The downside to the Ace is that its battery life could be better, but that is par to the course with many
These are only a few ways the Samsung Ace can benefit you. While its low battery and less than original exterior design may disappoint some, for the most part it is a well equipped little phone that’s definitely worth checking out.
A few years back, when Apple launched its first iPhone, it took the market by storm. People loved this innovation as it provided them a feeling of ease, luxury and style this is the reason Apple got success in getting millions of loyal customers who are always ready to welcome any product launched by Apple. Be it a new phone of iPhone series, iPad or iPod etc. People have always shown their interest in buying these products. Apple enjoyed this love from its customers for some time until Samsung came up with its Galaxy S smart phone series.
Samsung is a big name in the electronic world. It has its own share in the market and has a range of products including televisions, kitchen accessories, notebooks and smart phones etc. However, Samsung has its own identity in the electronics market, but it was way behind in the mobile market until the launch of its Galaxy S series which gave it a new identity and place in the market.
It would not be wrong if we say that Samsung is the only company that is giving a tough competition to Apple’s iPhone. The market share of Samsung is increasing with every passing day. All because, it is becoming improved and better with every new device, this is why people are now shifting towards Samsung. In fact, a number of iPhone users have also shown interest in Samsung’s Galaxy S series phones and are switching towards it from the iPhone. There can be many other reasons for this shift, but one thing is for sure and that’s the difference which Samsung is creating in the market with its gadgets. If we talk about the new Samsung Galaxy S5, we can easily get answer to this question that why people are choosing Samsung over others.
Samsung Galaxy S5 is the new phone of the Galaxy S series. It has some marvelous features which ultimately makes it a better and powerful phone of this year. Some amazing features of Samsung galaxy S5 are listed below:
• Durable and waterproof design with polycarbonate back, which provides a tight grip on the phone unlike iPhone’s slippery metal back.
• 5.1″ HD AMOLED 1080 x 1920 (432ppi), a bigger, brighter and sharper screen than many other mobile phone available in the market.
• 16 GB and 32 GB built-in storage with a microSD card slot.
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, quad-core 2.5 GHz processor and 2GB RAM.
• 16 mega-pixel camera with LED flash
• Longer lasting 2800 mAh battery with stand by up to 390 h, music play up to 7 h and talk time up to 21 h
• Latest 4.4.2 Android software
• Fingerprint sensors for security lock
With all these features, Samsung Galaxy S5 takes smart phones to another level. However, all these features were also included in earlier Galaxy series smart phones, but in S5 these are more improved for providing the best phone experience to users.
If you already own a DSLR camera then you are halfway there to capturing some beautiful images. However having a camera alone isn’t going to make you an excellent photographer. Knowing how to use the camera on the other hand will. In this article I am going to discuss how to use on camera flash to get some pretty excellent results.
The great thing about having a flash gun is that their much cheaper than purchasing lenses with a low aperture. Now low aperture lenses are great and I have a few in my line up but there’s only so much a low aperture lens can do and without light you can’t capture any images at all.
Now as many of you know I’m a Canon shooter so I would recommend either of these flashes:
· Canon 430 EX II Speedlite (expensive but not too expensive)
· Yongnuo 456 (Chinese product but does the job)
The two above flashes are excellent products. If you can afford the Canon 430 ex II Speedlite then get this one as it has a better build quality than the Yongnuo. However having said that there is nothing wrong with the Yongnuo 460 and you can probably buy 3 of these things for the canon equivalent.
If you already have a flash then great, if not look into getting either of the above as the built in flash already on your camera is pretty much a waste of time. The images will look rubbish and the results will be unflattering.
Indoor Flash Techniques
The reason why I recommended both flashes above was that they have the ability to tilt and swivel the main head. Other flashes are fixed and I really don’t see the point in these flashes at all. If you have a fixed flash then sell it now because you are ruining your chances to taking good on camera flash photos.
Now let’s say the flash is mounted to your camera and you’re shooting in landscape mode. The most unflattering shot to take in this instance is to point your flash head straight at the subject and fire off a shot. If you don’t believe me then take the shot yourself. You should notice that the image looks washed out and your subject will have a deer in the headlight look to them. Not good at all!
If you have a white wall available you will want to turn your flash head to face this wall. A ceiling is just as good. Turn your flash head so that it is facing against the wall/ceiling and then point your camera at the subject. Take your shot.
You should notice that there aren’t any harsh shadows on your image. This is because the white wall has now diffused the light which in turn has created a much softer and natural light.
No wall/Ceiling available
Now in some instances in my case quite a lot there won’t be a white wall to bounce light off upon. So what do you do in these instances? Well don’t worry I’m going to tell you. You need a light diffuser to create the same effect.
Stofen Omni Bounce
The most common light diffuser for a Speedlite is a Stofen Omni Bounce. One of my friends describes them to tupperware but they do actually do a job. You simply put the Stofen on top of your flash and once again point the flash head up in a vertical position and fire away.
The only thing about the Stofen that I don’t like is that it wastes flash energy by throwing light in all different directions which sometimes is an unwanted effect. For this reason I often use the following product.
Gary Fong Diffuser
Now I have no idea who Gary Fong is but I’m guessing he is a photographer, because the product he came up with would only be thought of by a photographer. The Gary Fong diffuser is a little weird to look at but I swear by its results. The Gary Fong is a much larger diffuser than the Stofen Omni Bounce so it gives better results.
Images taken with the Gary Fong produce less harsh shadows and because of the way the product is designed no light gets wasted.
The Free way
Now I have no idea what this diffuser is called, I simply call it a bounce card but I’m unsure if this is technically correct. These bounce cards though are an excellent way to diffuse light if you’re on a budget.
When I first started shooting weddings people were a bit worried that I was shooting them using a card on my flash, however I believe my results speak for themselves.
Nokia’s N86 Smartphone is unique in ways that it sports an 8 megapixel camera which is something that is only found in camera phones. The reason for its success lies in the cutting edge technology that it’s packed with. The N86 is loaded with the latest Symbian OS v9.3 with service pack 2 and is based on the S60 platform which provides it with a commendable performance and speed. The dual directional slider makes the N86 a unique model which despite of its handicap of not being a touch phone, still manages to gain public appreciation.
The AMOLED screen of the N86 smartphone is 2’6 inches wide with a display resolution of 240×320. The screen integrates over sixteen million color combinations and has one of the crispest displays of all mobiles phones in existence though it leaves a little to be desired for due to the minimal size of the screen which makes watching lengthy videos a nightmare. The accelerometer in the N86 smartphone also allows the user to view the screen in any angle. The latest version of the Symbian OS allows for an uncluttered and user friendly interface that responds surprisingly quickly.
Powered by the 434 Mhz ARM 11 processor equipped with 124 MB of RAM, the inbuilt storage is 50 MB and the onboard storage is 8 GB which can be expanded to sixteen GB with utilization of the SD card slot. The file manager in the Nokia N86 smartphone deserves a mention as it functions in the same way as the traditional search option that is provided in PC operating systems. This allows for quick recovery of a while from anywhere in this smartphone.
The music system in the player supports a wide variety of formats such as WMA, MP3, RA , WAV and m4a. The music player provides continuous playback of twenty five hours with a fully charged battery which is in fact more than what most conventional music players such as the iPod allow.
But the jewel in the crown for the Nokia N86 smartphone definitely has to be its camera. Apart from being a powerful 8 megapixel the camera integrates many state-of-the-art features such as autofocus, geotagging and variable aperture. But for the absence of a Xenon flash, the Nokia N86 smartphones camera is something to die for. With all other usual features such as UPnP powered WiFi and Bluetooth v2, the Nokia N86 smartphone is equipped with a mini USB port too. The images and videos in the phone can be viewed on your television with the aid of the TV output.
At $550, it’s a little pricey one would say but the Nokia N86 smartphone’s performance alone deserves a spot as one of the most efficient phones of this time. Coupled with a great camera and connect ability options, the Nokia N86 smartphone is indeed a smart choice.